This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team working on technical challenges that relate directly to the health and wellbeing of hundreds of millions of people across the globe.
At Kaiterra we look for software developers with a wide range of skills who feel comfortable moving throughout the stack, and working on projects they knew nothing about ten minutes before. If you have a deep understanding of how technology works and want to work on exciting projects that tie hardware and software together, apply!
This position is primarily mobile focused, and the candidate will be responsible for the development of Android based applications.
Development of apps for mobile devices, and development of Android applications running on hardware devices we build. Working with hardware engineers to ensure functionality of products, stability of applications, and working with back-end developers to ensure communication with servers. You must be ready to get your hands dirty working on problems or on levels of the stack you’ve never touched before, and be ready to learn & problem-solve complex topics at high speed.
Think through problems, determine alternative solutions, and ensure problems do not recur; proactively remove obstacles by doing thorough analysis and design.
- Experience with mobile application development, and completion of at least two (2) software development projects from requirements to deployment
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Solid understanding of Android, and experience with Android SDK preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience with application development
- Experience using source code management tools such as Git, SVN, or CVS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and interested in being part of an experienced and talented team
We provide a great work environment, and competitive benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Annual “world exploration fund” to travel the globe
- Offices around the globe you can choose to work out of if you want a change of scenery 🙂
- A highly experienced and super-fun team to work with!
Our China headquarters are located in the heart of Beijing, in a beautiful courtyard. We have our own courtyard, a whole bunch of plants, and a coffee machine named Betty. We’re located right next to the Beixinqiao subway, and walking distance from the Lama Temple.